"A wife of noble character, who can find? She is worth far more than rubies...She gets up while it is still dark" - Proverbs 31: 10 & 15a
Alright so obviously the emphasis and "..." are a little extreme - since those little dots replace an entire 5 verses! Still, that's about all I saw when I was reading this morning. Kids piled in bed; one naked 2 year old and a hungry 4 year old...baby fussing, I was dying for a little something from the Bible and decided to crack the pages and at least meditate on 1 proverb! So there was Proverb's 31 in all its glory...I used to read it often and strive to apply it however I was able. Then I got married and read "His Needs, Her Needs" and devoured love languages....then I was pregnant. This brought about "What to Expect" and all things Dr. Sears....after this I started school and became familiar with text books and research studies. I read lot of everything except my Bible. Time to get my priorities straight and spend time where it is needed most!
I joke but this did stick out to me. I have often thought that if I could just get up an hour before the rest of the troops, our day would flow much more smoothly. With school, homework and just generally relaxing in the nighttime hours I am often up much later than I care to admit. I think nursing babies has forever disrupted my sleeping cycle!!
There are so many places the Bible references getting up early....and there is nothing about my nature that cares to see the morning sky while stars are still in it...but I think it's a necessary and godly pursuit so that's my new goal - get up early! (Thank goodness for daylight savings time, right??)
So if I seem a little cranky in my tweeting or facebooking you will know why - nothing personal, just a little less sleep until my new, prov 31 schedule is functioning well and I'm tired earlier too!!
Alright so obviously the emphasis and "..." are a little extreme - since those little dots replace an entire 5 verses! Still, that's about all I saw when I was reading this morning. Kids piled in bed; one naked 2 year old and a hungry 4 year old...baby fussing, I was dying for a little something from the Bible and decided to crack the pages and at least meditate on 1 proverb! So there was Proverb's 31 in all its glory...I used to read it often and strive to apply it however I was able. Then I got married and read "His Needs, Her Needs" and devoured love languages....then I was pregnant. This brought about "What to Expect" and all things Dr. Sears....after this I started school and became familiar with text books and research studies. I read lot of everything except my Bible. Time to get my priorities straight and spend time where it is needed most!
I joke but this did stick out to me. I have often thought that if I could just get up an hour before the rest of the troops, our day would flow much more smoothly. With school, homework and just generally relaxing in the nighttime hours I am often up much later than I care to admit. I think nursing babies has forever disrupted my sleeping cycle!!
There are so many places the Bible references getting up early....and there is nothing about my nature that cares to see the morning sky while stars are still in it...but I think it's a necessary and godly pursuit so that's my new goal - get up early! (Thank goodness for daylight savings time, right??)
So if I seem a little cranky in my tweeting or facebooking you will know why - nothing personal, just a little less sleep until my new, prov 31 schedule is functioning well and I'm tired earlier too!!
Do you get up early? How do you "get it all done"? When do you have quiet time?
Anyone want to get up early with me??? Bueller....Ferris....??
T
Anyone want to get up early with me??? Bueller....Ferris....??
T





2 comments:
You echo my thoughts, Thea! I tell myself that the Proverb's 31 woman must not have any young children who keep her up half the night, but who am I kidding?? I will get up early with you. Let me know how it goes... :)
Hope...so far no good. :) Of course, as soon as I set out to get up early, my little ones refuse to sleep and stay up late...literally every night. Still, I am determined to see the sun come up tomorrow. How are things at your house?
Post a Comment