I'm learning how terrible I am at keeping in contact with friends and family during busy seasons of life. To most of you this is nothing new so thanks for being patient with me while I figure it out! :)
As you might guess, with the summer term beginning Monday, things are a little busy around here but here is the quick update :)
10. It's been hot! In the 90's and humid...I have timidly been living indoors for the most part, occasionally out on the screen porch for fresh air with the girls.
9. I'm enjoying our new neighborhood and very nice neighbors! We have been welcomed with cookies, homemade rolls, toothbrushes and welcome packages...very hospitable.
8. Our little cul-de-sac does not at all represent this city...very unhappy people for some reason. It's like pulling teeth to get a smile. Sometimes I smile extra long and make eye contact but I think more people find it odd than kind :) Occasionally someone does smile back.
7. I've been making it a point to serve others in practical ways on a daily basis. Often times I find myself too busy to do simple things that make the lives of those around me a little easier. Last week I returned a cart for a very heavy woman who was also older. It was hot out and I knew it would be a slow walk for her back to the store so I offered and she was all but shocked. She left smiling and said "God bless you". I believe that this is a simple way to love people I don't know.
6. Evelyn is sleeping through the night again! (occasionally having a 6AM wakeup but she usually goes back to sleep) Yay for sleep!!!
5. Olivia is talking up a storm and makes us laugh a lot. The other day Eric was telling her not to do something and that if she did it again she'd have time out. He went to pick her up for time out and she smiled and kissed him rigth on the lips :) How's that for squelching discipline?
4. We still have plastic bins full of things I don't know what to do with. One day at a time
3. We will know more about our baby (boy or girl) etc. on July 6! I'm so excited :)
2. Apparently people here prefer to schedule surgeries than to have babies...what gives? Having a hard time finding a doc who is "birth friendly"
1. EVELYN IS WALKING!!! For some reason my girls both walked at 14 months...later than I had expected but it must be our magic number :) She stood up last night with a determined look on her face, and took a few steps all on her own! So fun to watch her grow and change.
And finally......We miss all of our friends and family in Colorado very much :) come visit!!! The beach is only a half hour or so!
Thea




0 comments:
Post a Comment