Monday, May 17, 2010

I got nothin...

Evelyn's clothing choice the other day...chicken costume & Thomas the Train boots :)


I have really wanted to blog these past few days but I always feel like what's happening is a whole lot of nothing. At least nothing worth writing about. Sure, I could find a happy moment, a thought, etc. but I've been inspired at inconvenient times and then it passes lol. Here's the shortie update...the "man version" update if you ask my husband...


  • School's out! I'm taking the summer off...my first semester off in 2 years! I wrapped up with all A's and 2 B's... not my best semester but with all that has happened outside of school I am pleased with those grades. I had 15 credit hours this semester including Anatomy Physiology and Organic and Biochemistry.

  • Levi is eating solids and sooo close to sitting on his own! Sleeping through the night like a champ and just as precious as he can be...probably the smiliest baby EVER. He is chunky and full of lovely baby rolls, complements of mommy's milk and I'm pretty proud of that :) Those thighs are the best handful of baby you will ever see!!

  • Evelyn is nearly done potty training. She is doing great! Very proud of herself. She's learning colors and counts well also working on some letter recognition. She just turned 2 and 2 months this past week :)

  • Olivia is getting so big...I can't believe she'll be 4 in August. She counts well and is working on writing her letters and learning to spell her name...all fun things for her. She is very smart and has a pretty impressive vocabulary for a 3 year old. She's a very good helper and loves to have a "job" to do most of the time. She is a strong-willed girl but when it's aimed in the right direction, what a blessing. Such a tender heart, though...a great combination, if you ask me!

  • Eric is excelling at work and his boss has discussed with him the potential for lots of future projects...the execs in his office have been talking about him and are implementing his ideas on other teams because of his success there - I'm so proud of him and his hard work. He would be embarrassed to read this and wouldn't toot his own horn but...that's what I'm here for! :) I adore him...lucky me to be his wife! :)

  • It's almost summer in Colorado...no,really...it was snowing a few days ago. C'mon sunshine!!

  • Looking forward to the zoo and playdates this week

  • Dad is doing ok - chemotherapy sucks ...sorry there just is no more mild or kind, feminine way to say it...it's harsh, difficult and terrible to go through. My heart aches for anyone who has had to walk this road or who has walked it with a family member. His surgery recovery is going well and he seems more able to tolerate the side effects of chemotherapy as the recovery from surgery progresses. It is about a 2 month recovery just to resume a normal diet so we are coming up on that 2 month timeframe the 5th of June. He is a strong man and very determined to handle this with courage though I know at times it is more than overwhelming. Thanks for your prayers - please don't stop praying...we need them.

  • Have my big clinicals entrance exam on June 7...AH! Studying studying studying...a little at a time is best. Covers chemistry, anatomy physiology, biology, various parts of math, english, vocabulary, work and learning style, etc....no pressure lol.

Oooh it's just about time to make dinner!!! :) Gotta run!

Thea

0 comments: