Friday, May 28, 2010

Have you ever...


...posted something on facebook and then wished you could erase it from the online world?? :) I have! I have!


Let's start from the very beginning...a very good place to start.... (shout out to Julie Andrews)


About 3 weeks ago I began having daily headaches, nausea and rediculous fatigue. Initially I thought I may have a surprise little bean on board...as in "SURPRISE you're pregnant!" but nope - not pregnant. Then I thought maybe migraines...but these headaches were different and after 2 weeks I got one that began in the daytime and continued through the evening and into the next day even after 2 doses of 800mg of ibuprofen, caffiene, you name it. This worried me so I paid a visit to my family doctor.


She was concerned that I may have a condition called pseudotumor cerebri whose most dangerous complication is blindness. Minor detail, right?? So my doctor sends me to a neurologist and gives me zofran for nausea & vicodin for the headache pain. Fast forward a couple days to find me at the neuro's office. I checked in and 15 minutes later was told "the doctor won't see you today; you need to have an mri first. Um...couldn't you have told me that before my husband took time away from the office and I took time away from my kids to be here? Bummer...oh well. So, after many phone calls an MRI is scheduled. After this I started having some fuzziness in my left eye and the dizziness increased as well as the intensity of the headaches. Of course after learning more about PC, I was afraid that since the symptoms are largely the same, I may have a brain tumor if it wasn't PC and that scared me even more.


Having an active imagination is fabulous where creative writing is concerned...where medicine is concerned, not so much....you should have seen me praying on my way to the MRI...lol - thank you Jesus for loving me in spite of my anger at the potential for disease and for letting me cast out tumors in Jesus' name :) Did you laugh? lol. I would have.


My fears led to my rogue "MRI in the AM" post on facebook...to me, it seemed like less of a big deal if I just share it with the world as opposed to calling friends and family and scaring everyone with this MRI business...my plan didn't work. Not only were friends and family concerned, they probably were like what?? MRI??? what's happening? sorry everyone...plan backfired. :)


The MRI went fine...not my favorite thing to do - having my head put in a "cage" and being put in a tiny tube is among my least favorite activities...yuck. Of course, no info is available before seeing the doc so I took the CD of images home to self-diagnose...looked pretty good to me but I wasn't sure.


This morning we went to the neurologist in Denver who was fabulous, kind and compassionate. He said my brain was perfect and he said it was poor practice for the other group to refer me for an MRI without actually seeing and evaluating me. Kind of an expensive mishap.... both in dollars and emotions. He feels it's most likely along the continuum of migraines, which I have had before. So, for now I have been given about 6 Rx to deal with the symptoms none of which I prefer to use. Next steps are chiropractic care and looking at potential triggers in my diet that can cause these symptoms. Meet with the doc again in 3 weeks or so.


So - praise God...He is good, He takes care of me...I'm so glad I belong to Him. Thank you to all who prayed and so sorry for anyone who was unnecessarily worried. All is well.


On an upside, that's the most alone time I've had with my husband since March....I love my time with him...he's wonderful :). More date nights to come!!


Memorial Day Weekend! YAY! :)


Thea


2 comments:

kirbswifey said...

Thea , I am glad ur okay and dont worry i post things all the time and the wish I could take them back ..lol

Hope R. Clark said...

Thea. You crack me up. :) So glad that He's taking good care of you!