.
I was making a photo CD today...and while it was burning I clicked through some older photos of Olivia...comparing and wondering if she and Levi looked similar. I took photos of her on a weekly basis. Ok maybe even more often :) I was surprised at how teary-eyed I was just looking back on the past almost 4 years. I wanted to reach into the photo, pull her sweet baby self out and snuggle...wow...
How did that go by so fast?
Did I hug, snuggle, cuddle enough?
Did I soak in the joy and wonder of every smile, giggle and new discovery??
Did I miss any opportunities to make her babyhood wonderful?? HOW IS HER BABYHOOD OVER!? Can we do that just once more?? Please?
Man - if I feel this way now I don't even want to know what it feels like to wake up and drive her to kindergarten...a driving test...college...her wedding. It makes my stomach feel sick, my heart feel excited for her and my mind reel. Ok, Liv...slow down...mommy isn't quite ready for school in a year and all the growing up that will seem to go much more quickly than it already has. At the same time...I am so excited. I'm proud of you and my heart has wonderful anticipation about all you have to offer and what wonder those who are blessed enough to know you will discover in you.
I love you so much - you are my sweet girl and so precious :) There is no better Olivia anywhere in all the world. I love your singing, your imagination, your desire to please Jesus, your bravery, spunk and your nurturing heart. I don't want to miss out...Jesus, remind me of this when I wish the hours away in anticipation of 'bed time' on difficult days...thank you so much for my sweet blessings. Words are simply not enough.
Thank you Jesus.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment