Wednesday, September 8, 2010

He works hard for the money...

Yesterday I woke up and began my day the same way I do most days...with less sleep than I prefer and more on my plate than I'd like :). We did breakfast, I did laundry, kids were dressed and then naked and wearing dress up clothes before I had a chance to even put clothes on myself. :)

I was a little annoyed that it was already Tuesday and my husband was up early and off to the office and I knew he'd be home late despite my most hopeful wishes. It's a busy season of work for him and there is a lot on the horizon or in the "pipeline" as he'd say :). Some days I long for time alone with him...and that longing is followed by conflicted emotions of being without my children, whether they would be ok without us for the night, who would we trust to care for them...etc etc etc

Busy morning, busy mind...I think you get the picture.

Then I happened upon Hope's blog. Hope is a dear friend I have known now for about 10 years...we had our share of experiences from music to missions and early morning workouts in between. She is a beautiful and steadfast woman, honest and hard working...there are many things about her I admire and seek to learn myself :).

I think you'll enjoy this blog - it was just the perspective change I needed and so accurate I had to laugh :).

Enjoy!!

1 comments:

Hope R. Clark said...

Thanks so much for your kinds words, Thea! You're so right... he does work hard for the money. And he sacrifices so much, so many little things, all the time, just so we can be well cared for. I am so blessed to call him my husband, even though there are many days when I hardly see him. :)