Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday Morning Ballerina



It's early morning and a little chilly...still, my princess insists she must wear a ballerina costume complete with tutu and teenie tiny bare legs.

She spins in circles, closes her eyes and tip toes ever so carefully over to the sofa...one hand on the cushion for balance...pause... and the other leg goes up for a very ballerina pose :) Her bedhead makes the whole scene extra precious. Worship music fills the air and the sweetness of the moment is enough to make anyone's day look brighter.

My heart is full this morning. My life is far from perfect, I have often spread myself too thin and my to do list has more than one page of "immediate attention needed" items. Still, when I worship, I am content. Perspective really is everything...and for now, the immediate attention needed items aren't as immediate as time with my little ones and the Lord. I'm so grateful for little reflective moments like this. I love being a mom, I love my children and my husband. I love our life, our laughter and our closeness.

Such sweet moments...I pray these times fill the memories of our children as they grow into adulthood.

Enjoy what is before you today - don't be half hearted or divided in your heart or interests - life is so much sweeter that way.

T

1 comments:

Hope R. Clark said...

Beautiful, Thea. Just beautiful.