Thursday, January 20, 2011

Once a month

...seems to be my trend. I kind of shied away from the blog for a bit but I'm missing it and having facebook burnout so...blog it is!

The year is in full swing, kids are in pre-school and loving it. Especially Olivia..Evelyn asks to go to school on the days we don't and Levi would much prefer to be attached to me in any form or fashion for at least 23 hours / day :). Still he is thriving, growing and doing well. They attend part time. School has started up for me and I'm excited and nervous about clinicals, trying to decide which avenue to pursue post-grad or whether to take a break altogether and focus on something else.

Eric is doing great at work and busier than we'd both like but we have no complaints and are grateful for his job and a company he loves working with.

In completely unrelated news for which there is no good segue...especially this late at night (I'm a little sleepy!) I have followed this website and related blog for some time now. They work primarily with those children who are least likely to be adopted and face the gravest circumstances if they do not find forever families.

This is Beckett,



I found him on Reese's Rainbow's website...aren't his curls and beautiful blues amazing? :)

Just want to snuggle him! Sadly, if Beckett isn't adopted by age 4, or maybe 5 if he's lucky, he will likely be transferred to an institution for the mentally and physically handicapped. A large percentage of children transferred die within a year or so due to lack of human contact, poor conditions and poor care. Imagine...4 years old and sentenced to this lot in life because no person on Earth found you in time. I wish I could do more than just tell you about RR...but if you're considering adoption or if you can donate toward someone else adopting a child - please do. If nothing more, check out the site...pray for these little ones.

I cannot imagine for a moment sending my children to bed with hungry tummies or without loving, hugging and snuggling or telling them they are safe and to have sweet dreams. These little ones are often underfed and there is no mommy or daddy to say goodnight to or to offer comfort after a bad dream. There is only...little them next to other little ones who are also alone.

I pray the Lord will direct us and give us wisdom and an opportunity to either help fund an adoption of one of these lovely children or adopt one or two ourselves. What a gift that would be.

My heart is overwhelmed...and full...and my mind is heavy - I think a good night's rest is in order!

Thea

3 comments:

Brenna said...

How do I go from smiling (your family update) to teary-eyed (Beckett, and little kids) in a split second? I will have to check out that website. Thanks for sharing.

Thea said...

I know...bittersweet update in a very polar way.

I wish adoption weren't such a series of hoop jumping and expense so these kiddos were easier to rescue.

codi bennett said...

ditto, my friends.