
So today was the day...spring semester has come to a close, morning sickness is still a daily thing but more here and there than all day yuckiness...kiddos were wanting to get out and run around so we headed to the gym... I had dropped kids off, put my things in a locker and made it upstairs by 10:50. Just in time for the 11AM zumba class...so I figured...why not?? Zumba....yes, zumba it is. If I'm being honest there was a minor moment of terror,...what if I couldn't keep up??? What if I looked ridiculous?? Do pregnant bellies Zumba??
The class was pretty full and I immediately gravitated to the corner that seemed like it was filled with ladies who were trying to hide...and when I chatted with them to share my "First timer" status and gained a little confidence I migrated to the middle side of the room...seemed a little better than hiding in back and not quite as bad as standing in front the first go around. Plus the "hiding" corner...in the very back by the exit...was kind of packed.
The music was fun, the instructor was great, the moves were not complicated, well, for the most part, and it was so great! The lady next to me quickly asked if I had a heart rate monitor..you know, in my condition... :) I didn't and I think she was worried lol. A few songs into the workout I was really winded and tired...geez!! Maybe it's going by faster than I thought...er...maybe not...we're 15 minutes in. Hmm....ok so I will either be hanging in there or ducking out early. Fortunately I got into a good groove and I was feeling pretty good and having fun...right about that time the lady next to me gave me a few pointers on how to do the steps. Hmm. I felt like this was one of the easier routines...do I really look that bad? Lame. No time to stress it though b/c there's a new song and I know nothing about zumba. The hour passed really fast and by the end I had a beat red face and was in much need of a cool-down and some watah!!!
I'll be back, ladies!! If you see a mamma shakin it with a baby on board it just might be me!! So if you've been avoiding trying it, come to my class...at least there's entertainment value :)
T




0 comments:
Post a Comment