Friday, July 22, 2011

Slow blog...or no blog


I've become a worse and worse blogger over time!! I guess more inconsistent is more like it. You'd think with school out and summer fun on my plate I'd be able to eek out a little blog time!!! Trouble is, my inspiration to write is a little more involved than blogland allows for...that and all the friends who used to read my blog regularly don't check it so much because there's really not much to check :) Sorry!!

I hope you're all having a great summer. We sure are! Here's the "Top 10 things (I can think of right now) happening in the Smith household" update:

1 - We're having a baby....I'm so ready to meet him but not sure I'm ready to have a newborn in the casa just yet. I'm sure his arrival will be perfect timing :)

2 - Liv starts kindergarten in 3 1/2 weeks...she is incredibly excited...I'm excited too, and a little sad. It's only half days 4 days a week and I think I can handle that. I know she'll do so well and the school she's attending is fabulous which makes me even more excited for her :)

3 - Levi is walking, talking and fearless...the boy will climb up, down or on anything and he is just as precious as he can possibly be...full of cuddles, "wub u's" and giggles. He is a delight and we are loving this stage. I know the long trend has been "terrible two's" but I loooove 1 1/2 - 3 years....I think about 3 is where the light switch has flipped with the girls and things got a little crazy for a bit...maybe it will be different with the boys. Fave phrases include (translated): "Hey dude!" "Read a book" "Hold me....hold me....hooooolllddd mmeeee" "Hello" "Come on!" "Ni-night" and "Plie" ...yes, he does a plie and likes to say it when he does the plie...his sisters took ballet and have roped him into pretend ballet school :)

4 - Eric is doing great at work and we are so blessed for him working for a great company. His hard work is evident in his successes. Love him. :)

5 - We don't have a name for our baby...we don't even have a short list...we live on different name planets when it comes to boys , lol.

6 - I heart Zumba. My endurance is shrinking but I really enjoy it - it boosts my mood, I feel better when I work out and I know the benefits to my body are wonderful so I'm trying to hang in there until I simply can't do it anymore...then I'll take to the pool. A God-send to women in the third trimester.

7 - Evelyn is perfect. Ok not totally 100% all the time but really - just the most precious girl. Her newest bedtime request is "looots of kisses" "Mommy give me lots of kisses...." "No, lots and lots" followed by "Mommy lots of eskimos" "Mommy lots of butterfly kisses on my nose....now let me do your nose!" It's a long tucking-in but I'm eating it up. I know it won't last forever :) She's pretty excited about the baby in my belly and no matter how many times we discuss it or she asks how the baby will come out of my belly she is convinced the belly button is his exit. Works for me.

8 - Date night is tonight. I loooove date night. Can't wait to talk, sit quietly together, people watch and laugh. I love our time together.

9 - I have rediscovered a love for apples and almond butter - so yummy.

10 - My house is clean. Well...it was super duper clean this morning and last night. Then we woke up and then our little ones woke up :) ....but in general, clean.

Have a lovely weekend...I'll be blogging again soon!
Thea

0 comments: