Some days and in various circumstances I find myself wondering what I should do next, feeling too tired to really give it as much thought as I could and generally wishing I knew what lie ahead and what I should do about it. "God...please show yourself to me...remind me that you are God and that you see me". There is something so powerful about being seen. Many of the tasks and activities we, as wives and moms, spend our time doing are hidden. They go unnoticed and for me that is fine. Mostly because I don't want the scrutiny of my inability to get clean, folded laundry from the laundry room to my drawers lol. :) Aaah...another blog for another day!!
Still, sometimes life and all its twists and turns and uncertainties can feel...well, uncertain. I wonder if God sees me or if I've misunderstood His word and promises. I can feel the heaviness of doubt creeping in and the weight of things I wasn't meant to carry. This is usually about the time I look around me and wake up to see the miracles all around me...my children bounding into my bedroom with much more energy than you can imagine asking "Can I wear a dress today!? and "What's for breakfast?" as I peek at the clock to be sure it's truly a reasonable hour :), the safety I can sleep in at night not worrisome about the general safety of the area in which I live, the grandiosity of Pikes Peak and the starry night sky, food in my pantry and employment to keep it there...and I am once again reminded that He sees me. I look back on situations where I've felt alone and lost and see His gentle guiding hand leading me even when I felt He wasn't there.
I'm so grateful for a loving and good God. I hope this encourages you if you're feeling uncertain, anxious or simply alone. I am confident that regardless of our circumstances, God is God and God is good...no matter what. He who knows the hairs on my head...who has written my name on the palm of His hand and who gives us our daily bread...He who began a good work in me and will complete it...He who loves us. He has a plan and He has always had a plan...we are so blessed to be a part of the big story of history and eternity and even our own story within the story matters to Him. What a loving God. Perhaps I should be asking "Where do I fit in your plan?" more and "Where are you in my plan?" less.
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment