Over the past month or so my family and I have faced a few changes, some worrisome health concerns and other uncertainties. I have found myself having moments of doubt, fear, feeling a little more shaken than I like to feel. These moments in life happen to all of us and the shaky feelings serve as a good reminder to the importance of our foundation. Where do we run when things aren't like we hope they will be? Where do we find comfort and support?
Sometimes when life is a little crazy or the news of the day unsettling I find myself wondering how the awe-inspiring Proverbs 31 woman can laugh at the days to come. Does she worry about her children? Is she concerned about whether her energies are devoted in the right place? Has her marriage ever felt unstable or imperfect? What is it that gives her this laughter? I want to laugh at the days to come...whether they bring illness, blessing, promotion or want.
I wish I could boil it all down to one thing..."Here is the one-step process to laughing in the face of trial, uncertainty and hardship!! For only $19.99 the secret can be yours!! It's not quite that easy but it is simple. I know the answer lies with Jesus. I'm not 100% sure how but I am learning...learning to lean into him, learning to trust him, learning more all the time what his word means and intends to teach me. Believing more...that He loves me, that He has a plan, that He is faithful and not surprised by the events of my day.
Part of how I am learning this comes in the form of other women :). Friends, mothers of friends, my own mom, my children, acquaintances. People I know are walking the same road of me...many far ahead and down the road a bit...but still walking the same road. They are women and most of them have asked themselves these same questions. I am so blessed that when I am honest to share my doubts, concerns and unbelief they pray for and with me. What a gift. There are others who are willing to take the time to go to the Lord in my behalf and seek His grace, wisdom and healing in my life and for my family. I think women have a unique ability, given by God, to empathize with one another. And also a unique need for connection with one another. Too often we use that empathy and understanding to compete, compare and one-up each other. Life is so much more full and wonderful when we choose the former. So, I challenge you today...be available to the women around you. Love them, take time to see the beauty in them. Use your empathy and ability to have compassion to bless them. Take the time to pray with and for them. It may be the little boost they need to see Jesus for who he truly is, to be reminded how he loves them and you may find yourself learning a thing or two as well :). We girls have to stick together!!
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment