
Red Bull...er, I mean Starbucks gives you wings!
While coffee isn't a daily occurrance for me there are times I wake after a sleepless night with little ones and there is a true "need" for Starbucks in my life :) 1 Iced grande 6-pump skinny caramel latte coming right up! 80 calories later I am a much happier and much more functional woman.
Today I drank a coffee on the way to the YMCA to go for a run. I am too tired to run but even if I don't run as long or hard as I want, I almost always feel better after. As I pulled into the Y I looked into my cup to discover not only had I ordered coffee...but I had a bonus friend...with wings...and a thorax...glued to the inside of my cup.
I don't know if it's possible to describe to you what this did to my insides...Normally bugs aren't a big deal although I prefer to find them before they are eaten, etc. This pregnancy just the sight of some meats...dairy products, etc. makes my mouth water and not in a good way. I had already drunk up all the bug funk that was living in that cup....ick. I did get my $3.65 back...I guess that counts for something!
I got wings alright, just not the kind of wings I was hoping for.
Moral of the story: always look for swimmers :)




5 comments:
I just had Starbucks today...sooo good! Did you know if you ask for a kid's whipped cream they give you a little shot glass full of the stuff with mini straws...I never knew that! My kids like going all of a sudden :0)
I'm not preggers... and I about hurled all over my computer. That's nasty. You should have also gotten a week's worth of free drink coupons.
Hey, who doesn't need a little extra protein now and then? YUCK!
This is truly a moment in life that deserves a blog posting. I am so grossed out! Me, being me, couldn't stop at the returned $3.65... I'd totally be writing corporate! That is nasty! Way to get that extra "protein" in today...:)
I agree with all of you...corporate will hear from the likes of Mrs. Smith :) Still...nasty!
Post a Comment