Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bloom where you're planted


So...this blog post is really for me :) but I hope it serves as an encouragement to you, too. This is a portion of what I've been processing and pondering that has left my blog a little desolate save a few photos here and there!


'Bloom where you're planted' isn't a new phrase. For me, and for many of my friends, it's a new experience. I've bloomed where I've been watered, repotted, showcased and lovingly protected at times. To be honest I kind of prefer that :) - which probably speaks to a level of immaturity in me but as for today that is the truth of my emotion. Yet in my heart I know that to grow where I am, bring life where I am, be a blessing wherever I find myself, is the ultimate thing of beauty.


Anything can grow in the right temperature, with the right soil, a little miracle grow and constant tending but finding a thing of beauty in an unlikely place...now that is something to behold.

There is solace in knowing that I am digging roots in a place that never changes and will never go away either this side of eternity or the other.


And now...back to homework :) Thanks for taking a moment with me to pause and reflect!! More to come!!

1 comments:

Brenna said...

good post, girl. So true that the 'comfy blooming' is easier, but then is it always best at the time? Love you and am encouraged by your perspective. :)