
"Never a dull moment" seems befitting as a title for 99% of the posts I write and all those I consider writing and never do. It's true...it's the nature of life right now and while 99% of the time I love the fullness and liveliness of our day-to-day it's these moments that are the 1% (resisting the urge to make a Occupy Wall St comment here)...that's another post for another day...ahem...I digress.
Sullivan is doing well in general, still on oxygen but he is growing SO well! He was discharged at 4lb 15 oz and at his doc appointment yesterday he weighed 6lb 10oz!! :) Amazing! Selfishly I feel like it's a personal accomplishment on some level because I am exclusively nursing and had pressure from a few nurses to bottle feed, etc. and was quite discouraged and concerned about it coming home. He's still on oxygen but hopefully we'll be wrapping up with that soon...another week or two is what I've been told and if his sats are still all over we'll do a little more investigating.
In addition to this, he was born with a significant inguinal hernia. Basically you can see his intestines protruding into his groin and testicle and it's all quite enlarged and swollen. So far it hasn't caused any problems but if an intestine becomes stuck or incarcerated it can cause necrosis or function as a blockage which brings about a whole new host of complications and more dangerous surgeries. So, the idea is to repair this area and prevent an emergency situation.
The surgery should take less than an hour once they actually get started and then we'll stay at Children's over night. If things go well we can come home the following day. :)
We're asking for your prayers...for safety for Sullivan, no complications with anesthesia, a quick and painless recovery and for peace in our home and minds. Those of you who know me know that any time I'm not with my babies I'm fiercely protective and do whatever I can to control the little I can control to keep them safe and secure. This is one of those times I'm both out of arm's reach and have no control. I believe the Lord will guard him and protect his little body through this process. It's tough that I can't explain to him that everything will be fine, he's safe and that it's for his good even though it hurts... Thank you for agreeing with us in prayer :) I'll update tomorrow after surgery to let you all know things went perfectly!




0 comments:
Post a Comment